At La Trobe University, we focus on how to help you become a strong leader. You’ll gain powerful skill sets like how to adapt to new situations, connect with others and think differently to take the lead, all while you learn the skills and knowledge you need to advance your career.
We care about what we do and how we do it because lives and global society can be transformed through the power of education and research.
Throughout your course, you’ll see firsthand how to champion local communities, tackle the big issues of our time and work to the highest standards. As you step forward in your career, you’re able to set a new standard of excellence.
Why choose La Trobe?
- Top-ranked university worldwide1
- 100% online courses – study when and where it’s best for you
- Small class sizes mean you have an active voice in learning
- You’ll receive one-on-one support from application to graduation
Request more information
Our enrolment team is here to support you and answer your questions about the application process, entry requirements, tuition fees and study assist options or specific course details.
Complete the form below for detailed course information and to be contacted by phone and email.
All fields required
- Top 1% of universities worldwide1
- Top 100 in the world for nursing subjects2
- Online MBA is one of the best in Australia and ranks #32 globally2
- Rated ‘well above world standard’ and top-rated nationally in 23 fields of research3
- Online MBA is ranked 3rd in Australia4
Graduating from La Trobe means:
- You’ll value and build relationships and networks throughout your studies.
- You’ll be highly prepared for your desired career path with subjects that align with industry standards.
- You’ll know how to create valuable change in your community.
To advance knowledge and learning to shape the future of our students and communities.
To promote positive change and address the major challenges of our time through flexible courses and a dedication to teaching – so our graduates are ready to advance their careers with a new standard of excellence.
At La Trobe University, we don’t simply accept what was or what is – we strive for what is right and what should be.
We’re committed to our values:
- The pursuit of excellence and sustainability in everything we do
- Championing our local communities
- A eagerness to innovate and disrupt the traditional way of doing things
You’ll learn from industry-experienced teaching staff who are dedicated to helping you learn. You’ll gain an education in a flexible format that allows you to study when and where it’s best for you.
Your education can impact the global forces shaping our world and make a difference in some of society’s most pressing problems, including climate change; securing food, water and the environment; building healthy communities; and creating a more just and sustainable future.
You’ll graduate ready to make a difference in the world.
La Trobe University was named after Charles Joseph La Trobe – the first Superintendent of the Port Phillip District and first Lieutenant-Governor of the new colony of Victoria – for his need to make a difference to the communities he served and for his progressive social values.
These values are reflected today as we prepare you to make an impact on the world with your career. To ensure you’re taught by experts. To provide high-quality education in a flexible format.
Our doors first opened in 1967 and today, we accommodate thousands of students across campuses in Melbourne, Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Mildura, Shepparton and Sydney. These students will soon graduate to join the 200,000+ alumni who are doing great work throughout the world.
- Times Higher Education (THE), 2020, World University Rankings 2021
- QS World University Rankings, 2019
- Australian Research Council, 2019, Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) Outcomes 2018
- CEO Magazine, 2020