Prepare to thrive in the demanding healthcare industry
To advance your role in healthcare, you need expertise in business, healthcare and leadership. At La Trobe, we’ve proven you’ll be expertly prepared to take on the challenges that come with advancement — 98% of our postgraduate alumni are in full-time work within three years.1
With your Master of Health Administration, you’re well-positioned for in-demand management and executive roles in profit or non-profit organisations.
The healthcare and social assistance sector leads projected growth opportunities at 15% — nearly double the national average.2
Healthcare managers formulate business strategies and are responsible for the day-to-day operations of their unit or organisation. They use patient information and evidence-based insights to plan and administer programs that improve patient outcomes and business. Demand for health managers is expected to grow by 18.6% according to 2019 labour projections2 and Payscale reports they earn an average of $99,750.3
As a product manager, you can work across different departments in an organisation such as marketing, IT and executive leadership to ideate, develop and implement new products and services. According to Payscale, the average salary for a product manager in healthcare with project management skills is $110,000.4
Additional roles for graduates
- Healthcare CEO/COO
- Executive director
- Quality and safety manager
- Department/division manager
- Healthcare consultant
- Strategic project manager
- Hospital administrator
Request more information
Our enrolment team is here to support you and answer your questions about the application process, entry requirements, tuition fees and study assist options or specific course details.
Complete the form below for detailed course information and to be contacted by phone and email.
All fields required
Course Outcomes: Lead the healthcare industry in a senior management role
Gain the knowledge, experience and blended skill set you need to succeed in this rapidly growing industry. As a graduate, you can:
- Advance your career into leadership and management positions in the health sector, or specialist roles in areas such as project management, quality management and the management of particular health professions
- Improve healthcare outcomes using specialised skills in project management, process development and interpreting health data
- Use new skills in resilience; strategic, flexible and ethical thinking; emotional intelligence; and meeting goals to stand out as a leader
Career support from La Trobe
As you get ready to advance your career, La Trobe’s career services team and alumni community are here to support you. You’ll graduate ready to put your best foot forward to secure the role you want.
- Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching (QILT), 2020, 2020 Graduate Outcomes Survey – Longitudinal
- “2019 Industry Employment Projections Report.” 2019 Employment Projections – for the five years to May 2024, Australian Government Labour Market Portal, https://lmip.gov.au/default.aspx?LMIP%2FGainInsights%2FEmploymentProjections. Accessed 14 October 2020.
- “Occupation projections – five years to May 2024.” 2019 Employment Projections – for the five years to May 2024, Australian Government Labour Market Portal, https://lmip.gov.au/default.aspx?LMIP%2FGainInsights%2FEmploymentProjections. Accessed 14 October 2020.
- “Average Health Manager Salary in Australia.” Payscale. https://www.payscale.com/research/AU/Job=Health_Manager/Salary Accessed 14 October 2020.
- “Average Product Manager, Healthcare with Project Management Skills Salary in Australia.” Payscale. https://www.payscale.com/research/AU/Job=Product_Manager%2C_Healthcare/Salary/09eb0545/Project-Management. Accessed 23 November 2020.