The MBA career path is one of positive growth
As an MBA graduate, you can expect to double your pre-MBA salary within three years of graduation1 and step into roles with high employment growth ranging from 11.8 – 24.7% overall through to May 2024.2,3
The GMAC’s 2020 Corporate Recruiters Survey reports that 89% of respondents are looking to hire MBA graduates in 2021.4 You could take advantage of employment growth in these areas:
- management and related consulting services – 19.3% 2
- other professionals – 13.3 %3
At La Trobe, you’re expertly prepared for advanced management and consulting roles with a course structure that’s:
- accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- accredited by EPAS, from the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD)
- aligned to the UN’s Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME).
Our MBA helps you develop management skills and gain professional recognition to advance your career. MBA graduate careers may include:
Develop business strategies, improve profitability, identify opportunities for growth and ensure accounting and auditing meet regulatory requirements.
- Management consultant
Help businesses identify ways to improve their operations. Lead projects and manage stakeholders to deliver more efficient and effective business outcomes.
- Marketing manager
Shape the public face of your business or organisation. Manage its day-to-day marketing activities and long-term marketing strategy.
- Operations manager
Take responsibility for maintaining and increasing organisational efficiency by monitoring procedures and managing customers, stakeholders and staff.
- Product manager
Connect teams and stakeholders to identify opportunities for growth and develop products that meet and exceed customer expectations.
As a marketing manager, you’ll create, recommend and implement marketing programs for products and services that improve service offerings and the bottom line. According to the 2019 labour projections, advertising, public relations and sales managers expect a growth rate of 14.3% – nearly double the national average.3,2 Payscale reports marketing managers earn an average salary of $79,245.5
As a management analyst, you’ll evaluate how an organisation operates then create and implement plans and processes for improvement. You could work as part of that organisation, for a consultancy group or on your own. According to the 2019 labour projections, management and organisation analysts will see a growth rate of 24.7% – nearly three times the national average.3,2 Payscale reports an average salary of $71,834 for those holding a management analyst title.6
Request more information
Our enrolment team is here to support you and answer your questions about the application process, entry requirements, tuition fees and study assist options or specific course details.
Complete the form below for detailed course information and to be contacted by phone and email.
All fields required
By graduation, you can:
- Solve complex problems by synthesising data, evaluating risks and alternatives and leveraging technology
- Demonstrate effective and ethical leadership
- Communicate an advanced understanding of complex knowledge across business
- Use a range of digital technologies to analyse and disseminate data-driven decisions in a global economy
- Create sustainable, economic, social and environmental value in global business
Career support from La Trobe
As you get ready to advance your career, La Trobe’s career services team and alumni community are here to support you. You’ll graduate ready to put your best foot forward to secure the role you want.
- Ready, Ben. “The Truth About Post MBA Salary Expectations.” MBA News Australia, 28 Aug. 2018, www.mbanews.com.au/the-truth-about-post-mba-salary-expectations/.
- “Employment Outlook to May 2024.” 2019 Employment Projections – for the five years to May 2024, Australian Government Labour Market Portal, https://lmip.gov.au/default.aspx?LMIP%2FGainInsights%2FEmploymentProjections. Accessed 14 October 2020.
- “Occupation projections – five years to May 2024.” 2019 Employment Projections – for the five years to May 2024, Australian Government Labour Market Portal, https://lmip.gov.au/default.aspx?LMIP%2FGainInsights%2FEmploymentProjections. Accessed 14 October 2020.
- “The Impact of COVID-19 on the Hiring of Business School Graduates September 21, 2020: Corporate Recruiters Survey 2020.” Graduate Management Admission Council (GMAC). 21 September 2020. https://www.gmac.com/-/media/files/gmac/research/employment-outlook/gmac_corporate_recruiters_survey_sept_2020.pdf.
- “Average Marketing Manager Salary in Australia.” Payscale, https://www.payscale.com/research/AU/Job=Marketing_Manager/Salary. Accessed 2 December 2020.
- “Average Management Analyst Salary in Australia” Payscale, https://www.payscale.com/research/AU/Job=Management_Analyst/Salary. Accessed 2 December 2020.